Posts Tagged ‘Benefit’
« Older Entries
Thursday, January 24th, 2013
Win a TOTAL beauty makeover and become the face of Complexion Perfection with The Session School.
The Session School was founded in 2008 by Dani Guinsberg one of the leading makeup artists in the UK. The hair and beauty school teaches aspiring makeup artist and stylists all the tricks of the trade with their expert insider knowledge.
Now they are giving you the chance to win a total beauty makeover, as performed by the experts. You will be pampered, preened and left looking absolutely gorgeous while the team teach you exactly how to use all the sensational products from the Complexion Perfection Makeup Kit. All this will be filmed for an online ‘how to’ video and you will become the cover girl for Complexion Perfection.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question by February 21st 2013. Open to UK residents only. Terms and Conditions apply – see below.
Good Luck beauty queens!
In what year was The Session School founded?
I am sorry this competition has now closed
Terms & Conditions
*Terms and conditions of entry for Session School competition:
1. This prize draw (the “Promotion”) is only open to UK residents, excluding employees and agents of (a) the Promoter or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. By entering the Promotion you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promotion is free to enter and entrants can enter by filling in their details at http://www.latestinbeauty.com/blog/?p=7021 . Only one entry will be accepted per person or email address.
4. The Promotion will start at 12pm Thursday 24th January 2013 and the closing time/date for the Promotion is 11.59pm 22nd February 2013.
5. The winner will be selected in a random draw by an independent judge from all eligible entries. The winners will be notified by the Promoter by email in the last week of February 2013 and will be given details of how to accept their prize. Failure by the winner to accept the prize in the manner specified within one week of the Promoter’s email will make any claim invalid and the Promoter will then select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted as above.
6. The prize is detailed on Latestinbeauty.com blog page, accessible via http://www.latestinbeauty.com/blog/?p=7021 .
7. The prize is not transferable, may not be re-sold and is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute the prize with a prize or item of equal value.
8. The prizes are not transferable. The name and county of the prize winner will be available after the closing date by submitting a written request to the Promoter.
9. Entrants agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow the Promoter to use the name and/or likeness of the winner for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion including but not limited to publication of the winner’s name and photograph on the Promoter’s websites.
10. By entering the Promotion, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter, including Latest in Beauty and The Session School promoting the draw, may send marketing material to the email address provided by the entrant. On each such email, entrants shall have the option to unsubscribe from further emails.
11. The Session School and Latest in Beauty do not accept responsibility for travel costs incurred by the winner to attend the Session School makeover.
12. The determination and decision of the Promoter on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on any website of the Promoter, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
13. No entries will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to paragraph 14 below), the Promoter hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liabilities (whether express or implied) relating to this Promotion and/or the prize.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion should virus, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion.
17. In the event of any dispute regarding this Promotion, the decision of the Promoter shall be binding and final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant or entry which does not comply with these terms and conditions and/or any entrant whose conduct the Promoter reasonably considers to be contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Promotion.
19. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. The Promoter of the overall prize draw is CPM Innovations Ltd. T/A Latest in Beauty and The Session School.
Friday, January 11th, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS to all our online Beauty Advent Calendar winners! We hope you enjoy your prizes. If you are one of our lucky winners and have not emailed us your address, please do so ASAP. If your name is posted below and you haven’t received an email, please check your spam box…
Fiona Lynn Edwards
Thank you to everyone for all your support and for entering our 24 brand competitions.
Any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy 2013! Love LiB X
Tuesday, June 26th, 2012
Can’t leave the house without a helping of Hoola or find yourself crying without CORALista? Fans of Benefit‘s award winning box o’powders are in for a treat with their latest offering, a range of Ultra Plush lip glosses to complement your powder!
The six new shades – Bella Bamba (sheer bright watermelon), Dandelion (soft pearly pink), Dallas (dusty rose), Hoola (shimmering golden nude), Sugarbomb (shimmering pinky nude) and CORALista (sheer coral) – come in soft squeeze tubes with slanted applicator tips for easy application.
Priced at £13.50, they will be available from July on Benefit.co.uk. Which Benefit blush is your go-to?
Thursday, May 17th, 2012
Meet SpyGal, the first ever comic book heroine inspired by beauty! Comic book marvels Marvel have teamed up with Benefit to create SpyGal, a “pore-zapping, wise cracking” heroine, modelled on Benefit‘s best-selling pore refiner, The POREfessional.
Sporting a rather on trend aqua-blue trench and matching trilby, SpyGal‘s adventures feature in a 16-page comic strip where she uses her pore-zapping ray gun and touch-up pro case to ‘pow’, ‘pop’ and ‘bam’ her way to empower women across the world.
The SpyGal comic will be available from Benefit counters this month – make sure you go on a secret mission to nab your copy!
Monday, April 30th, 2012
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards 2012, we teamed up with a selection of finalists to bring you this exclusive box, above, worth over £50 (yours for £8.95 plus £2.95 p&p; to purchase, click here). But what’s inside and why? Read on to find out more:
Elemis Pro-Collagen Body Cream: Nominated in the Best New Bath and Body Product category, this body cream is the sister product to Elemis’ bestselling Pro-Collage face cream. Harnessing the same anti-ageing powers but for the body, it is a wonderfully luxurious body cream that hydrates, targets wrinkles and tones the body.
Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare Cleanse & Polish: There’s hardly a bathroom in the land that this wonder product hasn’t frequented! Winner of the Most Revolutionary Beauty Product in the Past 20 Years, it is credited for changing the way women cleanse and exfoliate thanks to the small but mighty muslin cloth.
Percy & Reed No-fuss Flawnessness Dry Conditioner: Dry shampoos may be de rigeur but hairdressing duo Adam Reed and Paul Percival have taken it one stage further with a dry conditioner – washing your hair with water is so 2011. A finalist in the Best New Haircare/Styling Product category.
Elie Saab Le Parfum: The debut fragrance from the couture designer earned itself a finalist spot for the Best New Women’s Scent after its launch last year. A light yet woody-floral fragrance, it became a cult hit.
L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care SPF15: Winner of the Best New Hand/Foot/Nail Care product category, this anti-ageing hand treatment uses L’Occitane’s award-winning Immortelle formula to help hands stay young. Smells divine too.
Nails Inc Porchester Square Nail Polish: The Best British Brand finalist’s hero shade is a gorgeous muted mushroom and one of the brand’s best sellers. Looks great on all skin types.
Mont Blanc Legend Eau de Toilette: Nominated for the Best New Men’s Fragrance, this contemporary yet elegant aftershave is much like a Mont Blanc pen. Stylish, sophisticated and downright chic.
Weleda Pomegranate Firming Day Cream: The Pomegranate Firming Facial Care range scooped the Eco Beauty Award for its sustainably – the products and packaging are even designed to be lighter in weight to save on packaging costs.
Benefit The POREfessional: Since it’s release late last year, this skin perfecting primer has featured on every blog and magazine possible. Nominated in the Best New Make-up Product (face) category.
Please note: The boxes contain EITHER Weleda or Benefit.
Friday, March 2nd, 2012
Benefit POREfessional, £23.50, 22ml
What they say: “Pro balm to minimise the appearance of pores.”
What you say: “When I wear foundation, I often have quite visible pores – when I applied this, they disappeared. I first used this product on a night out and at the end of the night, several people commented on how fresh my make-up looked! The texture is amazing, it felt like velvet and I’ve been recommending this to anyone who will listen. It’s definitely my new staple”, said reviewer Lyndsay Smith, North London.
AirBase Makeup Prime, £39.95, 30ml
What they say: “Airbase Prime evens your skin to give the perfect base for silicone make-up. Its moisturising properties make it ideal for everyday use and it is formulated to help ensure your make-up lasts all day.”
What you say: “A jelly like substance, this primer was easy to use and robust enough to take on the go. Whilst it didn’t reduce my pores massively, it did give me a much more even toned complexion before applying foundation. I think it’s quite expensive for the amount you get but a little does go a long way,” said reviewer Jaine Playle, Colchester, Essex.
Estée Lauder Idealist, £46, 30ml
What they say: “This fast action serum is proven to signficantly reduce the look of blotchiness, past blemish marks and discolourations; instantly, skin looks fresher and more radiant.”
What you say: “I loved the smell of this product, really fresh and citrus like. It absorbed easily and quickly into my skin, immediately minisming pores of my T-zone. I believe long-term use of this product would greatly improve my skin tone,” said reviewer Sarah Watson, Newmarket, Suffolk.
Thursday, February 9th, 2012
Not another BB Cream I hear you cry! But yes there is and my word, this is the creme de la creme – literally. Estée Lauder DayWear B•B Creme SPF35 gives great coverage, far better than its competetors and is a little thicker than other BB Creams on the market. One of the things I love most about this BB Creme is the smell – think freshly cut cucumbers. It really points to the super antioxidant complex within the BB Creme, your skin’s much needed superfoods to deliver all manner of goodness and nutrition which is ideal in this weather. Plus, it has an SPF of 35 too. For me, it’s the ultimate in no fuss but fancy skincare – great for everything from a light coverage to acting as a primer underneath your normal foundation on a night out. Quite a brilliant little cream!
Want to try the amazing Estée Lauder DayWear B•B Creme SPF35? We’re offering you the chance with our exclusive offer of a perfectly sized 5ml tube. Simply click here to say hello your skin’s new BFF.
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011
Let’s be honest shall we? Most of us would probably fool ourselves into thinking that Benefit’s new skincare range is the best thing to happen to our skin since NARS Orgasm purely because it looks so pretty. Imagine having this whole collection sat on the bathroom shelf or bedside table. It’s so cute.
But does it work? Well, reviews so far seem pretty good. Hello beauty blog raves about most of the range, as does Krasey Beauty. British Beauty Blogger has put the facial polish through its paces and it comes off well.
Benefit are so highly regarded when it comes to their makeup that I’d like to think their skincare would live up to the hype and deliver good results. The emphasis seems to be on radiance and brightness (something no doubt we could all benefit from) and if what’s inside the bottles is half as fabulous as the bottles themselves, I’m sold. Have any of you guys tried it yet?
Benefit skincare product start at £16.15
Thursday, March 24th, 2011
So many cream eyeshadows claim to be crease-free, but so few actually live up to those claims. Benefit’s Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow is one such rarity – it sets to a slightly powdery finish that really doesn’t budge (at least on my eyes) and is beautiful to work with, really blendable and soft but not thick and oily.
And if you don’t believe me, now is the time to give it a go as Direct Cosmetics have the shadow in Sippin ‘n Dippin for £3.99, saving you over £10 on the usual retail price. It’s an almost nude shade which is great for beginners to cream shadow, but would also work really well as a shadow primer to make traditional powders last longer.
Really, for £4, how can you say no?
Monday, March 21st, 2011
There’s a great bargain to be had on the Debenhams website at the moment if you’re a fan of Benefit (who isn’t?). Two of the gorgeous Crescent Row limited edition fragrances are being sold in gift sets with body lotion at half price, making them a bargain £17.25 each. I love the cocktail shaker bottles and gorgeous house-shaped packaging – as always Benefit know how to do retro kitsch in a cool, not cheap-looking way.
Something About Sofia (in pink) is a fruity oriental with mango & freesia, sheer lily, jasmine sambac & peony with musk, caramel & vanilla. Laugh With Me Lee Lee (blue) is a woody floral, blending citrus, jasmine & lily blossoms. I’ve sniffed all the range instore and it’s hard to go wrong if you like girlie florals. Plus, just think how cute they’ll look on the bathroom shelf!