WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
CPM Innovations Ltd t/a Latest in Beauty is responsible for your data. Our registered address is LU101, 1 Filament Walk, London, SW18 4GQ. We are registered as a company in England and Wales under company number 06487833. We are the data controller of the data which we collect from you, and as such we control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information we collect helps us offer you the right products and helps us improve our service. The types of information we gather are:
Your name and contact details
|When you order your products from us or make changes to your order details
Your name and contact details (email address, telephone number, address)
|Information about your order from us (delivery address, billing address, payment method (not card details))||When you create an account with us
When you buy products or services from us
When you enter a competition
When you fill in forms on our website
|Information about you and your beauty profile and preferences (see information below about ‘Sensitive personal data’)||When you fill out the personalise questionnaire on the website|
|Communication we have with you (emails, telephone calls, messages to our online chat service, messages sent to us through our social media platforms, feedback)||When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
|Information about you, your location and how you use our website, mobile application, information about your interests and preferences. See more information below under the heading ‘How we use your data to personalise the service we offer you’||When you use our website
When you accept our cookies placed on your device
When you update your account information
When you open our marketing emails
When you click on our banner adverts
When you fill in forms on our website
When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
When you opt in to receiving messages from us
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic and allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The website can tailor its offering to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you register with us we will place a ‘cookie’ on your web browser with your email address. This helps next time you visit as your sign in will take less time. You can remove this cookie or update your browser settings to not allow this cookie to be stored on your computer without specific consent.
We collect information about how visitors use our site and use this feedback to improve. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages visited.
Our display advertising partners then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with latestinbeauty.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. According to the law, we can only use your data for one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason, or
- When you consent to it, or When it is in our legitimate interests.
Legitimate interests are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you. In the table below, we have set out the different ways in which we use your personal data and the reasons we rely on for using that data.
|to process orders placed by you on latestinbeauty.com||
|to communicate with you (email/phone/livechat) about any issues with your orders or any of our service||
|to process refunds and any other related action from CS||
|to improve your selection of products in the BYOB section through the personalise mechanism||With your consent|
to keep customers that consented informed about offers and news on latestinbeauty.com
Our legitimate interests
to ensure a better experience for you on the website we place cookies which keep you signed in or your basket filled with the products you choose
Our legitimate interests
|to ask you for feedback on products you tried on the site||
Our legitimate interests
|to be able to contact you when you win a prize in a competition||With your consent|
to improve our business and your experience we analyse order and customer data to take decisions on actions in the business
|Our legitimate interests|
|to be able to do our administrative duty such as accounting, billing and audit||
MARKETING: HOW TO MANAGE THE MARKETING MESSAGES YOU RECEIVE
We may send you marketing communications by email if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such emails or if you have placed an order on latestinbeauty.com and you have not told us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails. Our marketing communications include information about our new and existing services, special offers we think you might like and other emails about beauty, fashion and lifestyle products and services we think might be of interest for you.
If you have previously opted-in to receiving emails from us, please go to the ‘newsletter section’ in your and untick the tickbox for receiving emails from us. You can update your preferences at any time. You can also opt out of receiving marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our marketing emails.
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will still receive service emails which are necessary, for example: to confirm your order, update you on dispatch timings, etc.
Please note that if you ask us to stop sending marketing emails, we will keep a note of your personal information and your request so that we can make sure you are excluded from the emails when they are sent out.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We keep your data only for as long as we need it. How long we need data depends on what we are using it for, whether that is to provide services to you, for our own legitimate interests or so that we can comply with the law.
We will actively review the information we hold and when there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or in some cases anonymise it.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We protect your personal data against unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction.
We use technical measures such as encryption, firewalls and password protection to protect your data and the systems they are held in. We also use operational measures to protect the data, for example by limiting the number of people who have access to the databases in which our customer and order information is held.
We keep these security measures under review and refer to industry security standards to keep up to date with current best practice.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Our customers’ information is a vital part of our business and we will never share your data to any other company or entity unless it is required to run our business efficiently. LiB only shares data in the following cases:
Service providers: we use other companies’ services to deliver our products to you, including storage, fulfilment, payment processing, email delivery, postal delivery and customer services. They only have access to information needed to perform their functions but cannot use it for any other purposes.
Product reviews and feedback data: we share aggregate data that we receive through product feedback and reviews with brands who work with us. Individual data will not be shared in any event. An important part of your LiB experience is your product feedback: these opinions are shared with other customers on the website and brands in question. We allow brands to post reviews on their site with a clear mention of source and link back to LiB.
Affiliated businesses: we work closely with companies to offer you the best deals and prices. In some cases, order fulfilment is done directly by brands to minimise cost. We share your order details, so they can deliver your order and in some cases we allow these companies to store your data for future use if they have a legitimate interest for it. You will always be aware when your order will be fulfilled directly by the brand and when data is shared.
Merger or sale: in the case that latestinbeauty.com is partly or completely acquired, the individual customers’ data can be one of the assets sold as part of the transaction. Customers would be notified of any ownership change.
Protection of latestinbeauty.com: we will share customer account data if required to comply with the law or to enforce our Terms & Conditions and other agreements. This can include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection or credit risk.
Data analytics companies and advertisers: we may use your data in our data management platform. This platform helps us to understand more about you and your interests. We may share a limited and pseudonymised (or partially anonymised) version of your data with other advertisers or add to your data other information which we have received from third party advertisers. We may use such data to make the connection between you and the devices you use.
LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES
SENDING DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We will only send data outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) to work with our agents and advisers who we use to deliver services to you or to comply with a legal duty. If we do transfer data outside the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it were being used in the EEA. We will use one of the following safeguards to ensure that it is protected:
Transfer the data to a non-EEA country which has privacy laws at least as protective as those within the EEA
Put in place a contract with the recipient of the data which means the recipient must protect the data to the same standards as required within the EEA, or
Transfer it to organisations which are part of the Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield is a framework which sets out the standards for data to be sent between the United States and European countries. The Privacy Shield ensures that data is protected to the same standards as used within the EEA.
You are entitled to see copies of all personal data held by us and to amend, correct or delete such data. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data. You can log in to your Latest in Beauty account to update the details held there.
If you gave us your consent to use your data, e.g. so that we can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent. Information about how to stop receiving marketing communications is set out above under the heading ‘Marketing: How to manage the marketing messages you receive’. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we can still rely on the consent you gave as the lawful basis for processing your data before you withdrew your consent.
You can object to our use of your data where we rely on our legitimate interests to do so.
To raise any objections or to exercise any of your rights, you can send an email to us at [email protected] or you can write to us at Data Protection Officer, LU101, 1 Filament Walk, London, SW18 4GQ.
When you get in touch, we will come back to you as soon as possible and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take a little longer to come back to you, but we will come back to you within two months of your request. There is no charge for most requests, but if you ask us to provide a significant amount of data for example we may ask you to pay a reasonable admin fee. We will require a proof of identity in the form of your username and password. It is therefore very important to keep your username and password secure at all times.
If you have any complaints concerning Latest in Beauty’s processing of your personal data please email us at [email protected] or you can write to us at Data Protection Officer, LU101, 1 Filament Walk, London, SW18 4GQ.
You can write to us at [email protected] or you can write to us at Data Protection Officer, LU101, 1 Filament Walk, London, SW18 4GQ.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions govern the users ('you' or 'your') use of the website www.latestinbeauty.com ('the Website') and all purchases with CPM Innovations Ltd, the owner and operator of latestinbeauty.com (“LiB”). In these Terms & Conditions LiB means CPM Innovations Ltd and vice versa. Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available (collectively the "Services") are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the "Terms & Conditions"). By using this Website and Services, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms & Conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time; any changes to the Terms & Conditions will be published here. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you should not use or access this Website.
- You agree that:
- the personal information that you provide when you register is true and accurate, you are not impersonating any other person or entity.
- The products purchased on this site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re sale. Failure to comply will result in the termination of your subscription and your account being blocked.
- You will inform us of any changes to your personal information on your account by e-mailing or calling our customer service team.
- Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time. Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts or this entire Website.
- LiB is the data controller of this website for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“The Act”).
- You have the right to access the information which LiB holds about you and this right can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
USING OUR SITE
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the Site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may view the content available on the Site for personal non-commercial use. You may print individual pages on the Site for your private non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not substantial or systematic and our trademarks and copyright are not removed.
- Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, you must not (whether directly or indirectly) copy, download, store, make available, distribute, sell or offer to sell all or any part of the content, products or Site, or download or otherwise copy (whether directly or indirectly) any content, files or data from the Site.
- Your membership will commence when you place your first order for your first subscription box.
- Your first payment will consist of one month’s membership/subscription fee, followed by a monthly payment of the same amount made on the same day/date each month thereafter. Monthly payments will begin one month after your initial payment and will remain valid until you cancel.
- We will charge you a monthly subscription fee (stated to you at the time of purchase) on your billing date every month until you cancel your membership. Once the monthly fee has been charged it is final and no refund is available.
- Your membership will automatically renew on the same date each month.
- If you forget/fail to make your selections within your 1-month window and before your next billing date – a surprise box is automatically sent out to cover the previous month’s payment. You can view this surprise box order directly through your account.
PREPAID FIXED TERM MEMBERSHIP
- Your fixed term membership will commence on the date you pay your Upfront Fee/choose your first box and shall continue for the Fixed Term (depending on the plan you choose e.g. 3,6,or 12 month)
- The date you commence membership will become your monthly renewal date.
- Your membership will automatically renew on the same date each month until the final month of your fixed term membership.
- If you forget/fail to make your selections within your 1-month window and before your next monthly renewal date – a surprise box is automatically sent out to cover the previous month’s credit. You can view this surprise box order directly through your account.
- Your fixed term membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.
CANCELLING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- You can cancel your monthly membership 7 days before your next billing/renewal date.
- You can cancel monthly membership directly through your account or alternatively email our customer service team during this 7-day period.
- It is not possible to refund a monthly payment on or after the renewal date. A cancellation must be processed before 11:59pm one day prior to the payment due date/billing date.
- If a monthly payment has already come through/ passed your renewal date and you are a box in credit – we cannot issue a refund for that month– you will need to make selections or receive a surprise box for this month prior to cancelling.
- If you cancel your monthly subscription whilst a box in credit, the system will not allow you to make selections – please email our customer service team who will advise further.
- If you wish to terminate your fixed term membership early, please email our customer service team at [email protected] Please note, any refunds will exclude any discounts or promotions. Any discount or promotion received will be deducted from the refund provided.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS
- Your order should be delivered within roughly 7 working days from placing your order. You acknowledge that occasionally, due to problems that are beyond our control e.g.holidays, late delivery of stock/weather conditions, it is possible that orders may be delivered later than 7 working days after placing your order.
- BEAUTY ADVENT CALENDAR: Orders will be dispatched by Yodel and can take up to 10 working days. Yodel tracking numbers available on request, Secured Mail tracking numbers will not be valid for these orders.
- Our no-fuss returns policy means that if for any reason you’re unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us (unopened, with all seals and original packaging intact) within 30 days of purchase for a refund.
- In the interest of hygiene, we can only accept returns for opened items if they are found to be faulty by Latest in Beauty.
- To return an item, please send us an email at [email protected] stating your full name, order number, reason for return and if you’d like a replacement or refund. Once we receive your request we will confirm whether you can return the item and provide you with return instructions.
- Please return products in all the original packaging with your order details, with ‘RETURN’ clearly marked on the outer box.
- The customer is responsible for return delivery charges and we recommend you return items via insured, registered or recorded delivery.
- It is essential you provide us with evidence of having sent the products back to us. We require a copy of the proof of postage receipt to receive a refund/replacement.
- Our customer services team aims to process refunds within 3 working days from receiving a copy of the proof of postage receipt.
PRODUCTS AND QUANTITIES
- Although we endeavour to ensure that the information on our Website is accurate and reliable, there may be instances where descriptions or products may contain pricing errors, typos and other errors which we may correct without liability.
- We also reserve the right to cap quantities purchased by Members and to amend, suspend, or terminate a promotion at any time due to inventory, shortages, or user breach - including after an order has been placed/processed.
- Actual colours/shades may vary from the colour on your screen due to monitor colour restrictions, therefore colour finishes displayed online are intended as a guide only.
- We may, from time-to-time, run Promotions and these may take the form of promo codes, prize draws, competitions or other form of Promotion, or a combination of any of these. The particular form of Promotion will be described in the communications such as e-mails, computer/mobile pop-ups or other form of marketing communication. We issue to tell you about our Promotions and/or on the individual web landing page for the relevant Promotion.
- Each Promotion will automatically close at the end of the relevant Promotion period, at which point no further participation in that Promotion will be possible.
- Please note, that all our promo codes are not valid for purchasing our exclusive Style Beauty Awards Box and Latest in Beauty Advent Calendar.
We hope that you're pleased with any purchase you've made and your experience with Latest in Beauty. However, if there's something you're not happy with, please get in touch with us so that we can try to resolve the matter by emailing us at [email protected], call us on (+44) 0203 176 6810 or write to us at Latest in Beauty, LU.101 The Light Bulb, 1 Filament Walk, London SW18 4GQ.