If you’re looking for a versatile, flattering summer lipstick, then you can’t go wrong with the gorgeous new Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors from Revlon. Here are our top tips on how to apply them perfectly for a long-wearing, Instagram-worthy look…
1) Prepping your lips properly is always best practice when it comes to achieving perfect lipstick, especially when you’re using a matte formula. Use a sugar scrub like LUSH Cosmetics Bubblegum Lip Scrub, or for a cheaper option, load up on the Vaseline and exfoliate your lips gently with a clean toothbrush.
2) Follow up with a moisturising lip balm to rehydrate your lips and leave them smooth and ready for lipstick. Leave it for as long as possible to give your balm time to sink in, then pat in any excess so that your lips are dry before applying your chosen colour.
3) Lip liner isn’t just for giving you the perfect lip shape – it can also help your lipstick stay on longer, and stop any feathering or bleeding. For a look that lasts all day, choose a longwear lip pencil like Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil, either in a shade that matches your own lips or that matches your chosen lip colour (we like the shade Pink paired with Revlon’s Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Devotion). Use the pencil to carefully outline your lips, overlining if necessary to correct any asymmetry or wonkiness in your natural lip shape, and then fill in the middle for a lip base that stays put.
4) Apply your liquid lipstick. The Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors come with a doe-foot applicator like a lipgloss, which makes applying them quick and easy, but if you want a more precise look then try a lip brush like this one from RealTechniques.
5) Carefully blot your lipstick with a tissue, and then reapply another coat for more staying power. If you want a true matte finish, then you can brush translucent powder onto your lips after blotting.
6) Enjoy your gorgeous lipstick look!
You can pick up a full-size Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Devotion in the Glamour Summer Edit, just £20 with FREE P&P!