Archive for the ‘Editor’s Secrets’ Category
Wednesday, December 18th, 2013
I like to have a lip balm in every handbag and every coat pocket, so I didn’t, even for a moment, resist the temptation to buy some Baby Lips by Maybelline. I always have one with me wherever I go. They are easy to carry, simple to apply and perfect for a woman on the go. The balm is soft, sheer, and instantly smooths and nourishes your lips so you can say goodbye to chapped lips and hello to soft, kissable lips for good! These cute lip balms come in 6 different flavours, three of them are tinted and 3 are clear. I don’t know about you, but just like Alessandra, I like to collect them all!
“I have been obsessed with this lipbalm ever since I first spotted it Stateside. It’s just the coolest, yummiest lip softner (a girl can never have too many, right?) And I love all the different tints so much, I collect them!” – Alessandra Steinherr, Beauty Editor, Glamour Magazine.
Maybelline Baby Lips is available in The Glamour Beauty Edit along with six other fantastic beauty products, all for just £14.95, click here to purchase.
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
If you can wake up, comb your hair and go, you’re very lucky. Straight, slick and smooth hair is relatively easy to maintain on a daily basis. However styling an up-do, that’s a completely different story. On straight hair, curls drop easily. Pins won’t hold it at all, no matter how much texturising products you’ve applied. Most up-do styles are pretty much a no-no if you’re blessed with straight hair, especially if you’re styling it yourself. When an updo holds in place, most of the time you’ll find a head full ‘whiskers’ (those tiny little hairs sticking out everywhere).
Alessandra Steinherr, Beauty Director at Glamour magazine, loves TONI & GUY GLAMOUR FIRM HOLD hairspray.
We’ve chosen Ewa, our Editorial Executive, to put Toni & Guy hairspray to the test. With smooth, straight hair, she is the perfect candidate.
- Firstly, Ewa had to put her hair up in the morning. She’s used two head bands and a hair doughnut to create the up-do. She hasn’t used any pins as those usually don’t do much for her anyway, so the style was only secured by the hair band.
- Next she sprayed her up-do with Toni & Guy Glamour hair spray. She used as much of the product as she would with any other hairspray, then she got on with her day!
- By the end of the day Ewa’s hair was still in place. Not much had moved, only a little hair on the side of the doughnut plus a few little ‘wiskers’ poking by her neck.
- We took the final picture of the day, and we’re satisfied that this is a one hairspray that will keep your up-do in place all day long!
The Glamour Beauty Edit contains seven fabulous beauty products worth £65, but you can buy it here for just £14.95 plus p&p. Order now and secure a perfect up-do this festive season.
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Getting the true Hollywood NYE party look isn’t easy without a personal makeup artist on hand, but don’t worry. We’ve got some top tips to help you get the hottest look in town!
- Start with a foundation to create a flawless base for your makeup. Mix a small amount of highlighter into your foundation for an all over glow, or dot it onto the high points of your cheeks for more contoured look. We love ‘High Beam’ by Benefit cosmetics.
- Use a foundation brush to apply your base; this will give you an airbrushed finish and will ensure your makeup lasts much longer.
- If you’re an indoor girl then make sure you apply some blusher on your cheeks for that radiant glow. Smile and sweep it over the apple of your cheeks, and up towards the ears.
The Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette is an absolute must have for both day and evening eyes. The colours are neutral so this set will suit anyone no matter what your eye colour or shape. It comes with a step by step makeup lesson, you just have to follow the instructions.
- Start by applying the lightest shade from the set onto the moving part of your eyelid (from the lash line to the socket line).
- Next apply the middle shade in a V shape on the outer corner of your eyelid.
- Finish with the darkest shade, applied along the lash line.
- To achieve that polished red carpet look, apply some eye liner. We love Benefit ‘BADgal Liner’; dot it right by the lash line, then smudge your liner to blend.
A good mascara really seals the deal. Benefit has one of the most famous mascara in town; it builds volume and separates lashes giving you wide-eyed, hypnotising lashes everyone will be envious of – so grab some ‘They’re Real!’ mascara and make those eyes pop!
Now all you need is a slick of lipstick or gloss and you’re good to go!
- To keep your look glamorous and sophisticated, choose natural shades of lipstick or red.
- If you’re choosing nude shades, make sure they are darker than your lips. A deeper lip shade always looks sexier!
- Apply some gloss on top of your lip colour for fuller looking lips.
Happy New year!
Monday, December 2nd, 2013
The run-up to Christmas is renowned for being a bit of a stressful time – work deadlines to meet, shopping to do, budgets to juggle – it’s no wonder that by the time December 25th arrives, most of us are feeling pretty frazzled!
But you can breeze through this challenging and often physically demanding period and still have some energy in reserve for New Year – here’s how to survive the season:
Avoid stimulants such as nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and refined sugar – at least in the build-up to Christmas, if not on the day. According to The Stress Management Society, these will not calm you down. Instead, reach for water or camomile tea, especially if you’re stressed.
If you need a little help to wind down, try Rescue Remedy, which has a famous combo of five Bach Original Flower Remedies and is specially blended to provide comfort and relief when things are getting on top of you. A Christmas shopping essential!
According to a recent survey by Crampex, incredibly a quarter of Brits are surviving on only 4 hours or less uninterrupted sleep a night! If you find it hard to nod off when stressed, sleep expert Dr Neil Stanley’s suggests creating a bedtime routine which is important in order to wind-down for 30-45 minutes before you hit the sack. He also recommends avoiding eating a heavy meal close to bedtime as dietary changes can cause an upset in your sleep patterns.
If you’re a bit of a worrier, promote safe slumber with Bonuit Sleep Aid, £9.99, a traditional herbal medicine that can help sleep disturbances due to symptoms of mild anxiety. Available from Holland & Barrett and www.bonuit.co.uk.
But first, chill out by languishing in a steaming bath filled with Maddi Alexander Evocative Bath Oil, which is available on LiB now! This warming bath and body oil features a festive fruit bowl of Mexican lime, ginger, cinnamon and mandarin, and will leave your mind and body stress-free. It’s a real Christmas cracker…
Monday, December 2nd, 2013
Would like to offer Glamour magazine readers and Latest in Beauty customers 10% off all Benefit products at
www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk. Simply enter the discount code GLAMOURBEAUTYEDIT at the checkout.
This exclusive offer is valid until the 31st December 2013. This offer is available online only. Only one per customer and cannot be redeemed on sale items.
Would like to offer Glamour magazine readers and Latest in Beauty customer 20% off make up at
www. hdbrows.com. Simply enter the code GLAMOURHD at the checkout.
This exclusive offer is valid until the 31st December. This offer is available online only. Only one per customer.
Would like to offer Glamour magazine and Latest in Beauty customers 20% off all Philip Kingsley products at
www.philipkingsley.co.uk. Simply enter the discount code PKGLAMOUR13 at the checkout.
This exclusive offer is valid until the 31st December 2013. This offer is available online only. Only one per customer.
Are exclusively offering Glamour magazine readers and Latest in Beauty customers 15% off their first order at
www.balanceme.co.uk. Go to balanceme.co.uk and simply enter the promotional code GLAMOUR15 at the checkout.
This offer is valid until Wednesday 18th December 2013. This coupon cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer our coupon code including Balance Me VIP codes. The promotional code GLAMOUR15 is redeemable against all products in Balance Me range, including Christmas sets.